- Please bring a list of your current medications to all of your appointments.
- You must contact your provider if you need to take any blood thinning medicines for any cardiovascular or neurologic disease. These medicines will need to be adjusted on an individual basis depending on your medical condition.
- Please be aware that cancellation fees may apply for any missed appointments.
- Our providers make every effort to respect our patient's time, however we appreciate your patience in understanding that emergencies may arise.
- If biopsies are taken during your procedure, you will be contacted via mail or over the phone. If you do not receive the results within 2 weeks, then you may call our office. All of your results will also be sent to your primary care provider.
- Requests for any prescription refills should be sent from your pharmacy directly electronically.
Patient Preps and Instructions
As a convenience for our patients we will offer many of our forms on this page for download. Please check back here often for new forms.
- Colonoscopic Prep with Nulytley
- Colonoscopic split Miralax, Dulcolax and Gatorade
- Colonoscopy prep with miralax, dulcolax and gatorade
- Preparacion Intestional Con Miralax
- Su Tab Split
- Extended Miralax & Dulcolax
- Nulytley split dose
Endoscopic Ultra Sound (EUS):
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography (ERCP):
Patient’s Bill of Rights
For your convenience, our patient forms are located below. Please download, print and complete the following forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- Pre-Procedure Health History
- Consent for Procedure (LO)
- Rochester Gastroenterology Associates Hemorrhoid Consent
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Insurance and Billing
Affiliations: Unity Hospital and Rochester General Hospital
If a biopsy is done during your procedure the specimen will be sent to Rochester Regional (ACM) Labs.
Please contact our office to verify acceptance of your insurance plan. Qualifications for insurance coverage may differ due to the uniqueness of each procedure. We are happy to file insurance for your reimbursement as long as you are free to choose your own gastroenterologist.
Please contact our billing company with any billing or payment questions at (585) 385-9030
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this website. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.